Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Double Feature and a Perfect Party

Well, it's been a great couple of weeks! Last weekend, Joseph and I took the kids to Grammy and Grandpa's house and we had the weekend to ourselves. We decided to go to the movies for the first time since Christmas. So, we went and saw Iron Man, but that wasn't enough, so we stayed for the next showing of Price Caspian.



Yep, that's right a double feature. I've never done that! It was really fun...a lot of sitting, but so something we could not have done with the kids. (They were both great, btw, but I would refrain from taking any kids under the age of 14 to see Iron Man. A little too close to home on the war front).

This past weekend was great too! I celebrated my 29th birthday. Another year older and I don't think much wiser (pregnancy brain is really taking it's toll!) . But, Joseph got together some friends of ours and we went to Ipolitos - a local Italian restaurant - and then we played games at a friend's house. Everyone was very sweet and we had a great time. Then we had dinner at a different friend's house and we celebrated there on Sunday and then yesterday was a great holiday. We did nothing all day long. I spent most of the day downloading songs on my new 8 gig SanDisk Sansa e280 MP3 player and then Joseph spent the day playing computer games with the kids. We did take a small break to play water balloons outside, but I didn't enjoy that as much...I can't imagine why!? All in all, it was a fun day.

This week, back to routine and hopefully a surprise or two! We shall see!

3 comments:

Brittney said...

29 years old, huh?...you're getting up there-just kidding :)

Pat R said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gardner Family said...

I hope you had a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Becky!!! And please tell us as soon as you know "you know what"! We find out June 18th!!!!!