Friday, October 3, 2008

Vindications, Apprehension, and Wicked Cool!

So, life just got a little hairier. I went to my weekly doctor's appointment and he discovered that I am dilated to a 2. He was pretty concerned, which then made him put me on a stricter bed rest plan. No kids...as much as possible! (He says he has 3 kids, but come on! Is he kidding??) Anyway, I am nervous. I'm excited. And, I'm getting more impatient by the day. It is the coolest thing ever to sit down with my belly jutting to the sky and watching it contort and misshape itself all on it's own...with the help of our little princess. Often times she likes to stick her foot right on my belly button and she'll wait until I touch it and then move it. It's like our little signal to each other that we're both there. (It's no Bella, Edward and "Renesme", but it's the closest I'll ever get!) I truly hope that she is healthy, which is why I will behave and follow doctor's orders...as much as motherly possibly.

On the other side of life, Joseph and I are going to see Wicked at the Fox Theatre. I am so stoked. I've wanted to see this show ever since they showed "Gravity" at the Tony awards like 5 years ago. The only dilemma is that I'm not so sure I'll be able to make it. If Kaleyna decides to come before than, we will not be able to go. If she decides to wait, Heaven willing, we will be able to do both. If not, we'll need some buyers for our Orchestra, center isle seats! Yes, really good seats...I will be very sad if she can't hold off for at least another 9 days!

We will keep you posted! Wish me luck - I"m going to need it!

7 comments:

Casey said...

Good luck with everything Becky! I really hope you are able to go to the play if for nothing else, so that Kaylena will have all the time she needs to grow and be strong! Good luck with the bed rest too. I know that's got to be tough. You think it's going to be great but it gets really old really fast. And, good luck going to the play. It's a super fun play so I hope you get to see it but if you don't, I'm sure it will come around again. Maybe we'll all just have to meet up in NYC and go see it together! One can dream!

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

Good luck with bed rest. I hope she stays in there at least long enough for you to see Wicked. We were given tickets a while back and I am so glad we went. Wonderful show! You will just love it.

Gardner Family said...

I hope for your sake, little princess to be does not arrive any time soon! I would love to see WICKED! And hopefully the boys can behave themselves enough to let you get the bed rest you need! You and the fam are in our prayers. :)

Miss you! Leah

Lois Lane said...

I seriously wish you luck! Babies arae so unpredictable!

Brittney said...

Apparently, a lot has happened since this post. We were out of town last weekend and I came back to news that you were in the hospital (and you are still there just waiting):(

We were talking about going to Wicked. What night do you have them for? How much are the tickets? They sound like really good ones so they may be way more than I want to spend, but I would be interested.

Patty Sampson said...

What a story that would make. "Yes you were born during the closing overture of Wicked". :) I sure hope you get to go. Good luck with the bed rest! I am sure it sucks, and is an even bigger difficulty since you have 3 active boys. I will pray for you.

Nola said...

Did you make it to Wicked? I can't believe you're having a girl after 3 boys. That's great. So good to hear from you. Good luck with the delivery.