Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bradenisms, Easter at Grammy's and special Mom moments!

Dying Easter Eggs
Easter - INDOORS - at Grammy's House!


Looking for Easter Eggs with Cousin Cyana...all 93 plastic and 52 hard-boiled...and INDOORS!
Landon Loves Purple



Brogan thought with all the commotion he would sneak upstairs...oops! I caught yah!




So, Braden has been saying some of the cutest things as of late! While at Grandma's house he was listening to an argument between his grandparents and Grammy was obviously getting frustrated. Braden said, "Grammy, I know, you are soooo done with it!"
If you know me well enough, you know that is one of my most used sayings. I couldn't help, but realize that every little thing I say is registered into his giant memory bank...oh, the horror of some of the things I've said a little too loud for small ears to hear! Anyway, another cute thing was yesterday at the EQ Easter Egg Hunt...which we were of course late for. On the way home, Braden and Daddy were doing math problems and the conversation went like this...

Braden: "Daddy, hold long till I turn 7?" (Braden is excited for this year because it means he gets to sit in the passenger seat of the car)
Daddy: "How old are you now?"
Braden: "5"
Daddy: "So how long will it take for you to turn 7?"
Braden: "2 years - then in one more year I will get baptized!"
(If that wasn't enough to make you smile the next part will!)
Daddy: "Braden, how long will it take to be Daddy's age?" (Braden knows he's 28)
Braden: "Ohhhh....5 Huuuunnnndred Yeeeeaaars!"

I couldn't help but laugh! He's not that old, but it really tickled me that Joseph got so offended! It probably didn't help that I was laughing so hard there were tears. Anyway, Braden eventually got the right answer and it was all forgotten. And now, thanks to blogging, it will always be remembered!

Some Mommy moments that happened last week were the following:


Brogan's check up day


Brogan had his first check up in months and is in perfect health! He weighed 26lbs, was 32 inches long and had a 19.5 inch head. He is in the 95%, but truly I think they've had to change the scale. All of my kids have been big, but they have each progressively gotten bigger (Landon is bigger than Braden was and Brogan is bigger than Landon was). When Braden was born, he wsa also in the 95%, but that was 5 years ago. And he was significantly smaller. Anyway, I am glad he's healthy and happy and he is almost walking. And his first word...MA-MA!!! haha

While waiting at the Doctor's office, I received a call from my little Landon...his only words were, "Mommy, I went poopy on the potty!" As I was standing at the check in counter trying hard to give him the necessary woohoo without saying the word "poopy" I got all sorts of snickers and grins from the nurses.
When I got off the phone, they all proceeded to tell me congratulations. It was quite the day. However, when I got to Grammy's house that night (they were there for Easter weekend early), all potty-going had stop. It was as if my presence suddenly made the potty seem like a monster and I the poop angel! Do I leave my 3.5 year old with Grandpa to potty train, or do I continue with this lovely charade? I know he knows how, he knows he know how, and yet, there's something missing! I've done everything from a Potty Box (special toys for when he goes number 2), Potty Candy (for when he goes number 1), New Undies for when the special day arrives (pending it actually will) and Grammy has even offered Chuck E. Cheese as a reward for when he's potty trained. He even has his Fake-Flushable/Foot stool-to wash-your-hands Potty and still nothing. Except, that if I make him go...he likes to stand up to pee...he often asks me, "Mommy, I want to stand to poopy...please! I'll do it then!" As some of you know, that doesn't actually work...as Braden so aptly demonstrated a couple of weeks ago at the park! Oh well, Maybe someday!

Ta-Ta for now, enjoy the picks and there are new ones on the last post...I finally got them downloaded! Yeah Me!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

What fun pics and fun news about Landon going "poopy". Hopefully he's on his way! Loved the line from Braden "Grammy, I know, you are soooo done with it!" Too funny...wonder where he heard that one : )

Patty Sampson said...

Braden demonstrated Standing up poopy at the park? AHHHH! HAAA! HAA!! That is HYSTERICAL!! I can see it now. The proud big brother teaching a life lesson, and the horrified mother rushing to stop the "demonstration". I am so glad you and the boys are doing well and are happy. I love the pios! They are getting so big. It reminds me of how much time has passed since we saw eachother last time.