Monday, August 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn...all week long!

What started out as a small obsession, turned into a twenny-bopper late night with other moms who felt a little silly and loved every minute of it! On Friday night, I attended the Breaking Dawn release party at Borders with some really great friends who are all as insanely crazy about this series as I am. Below are some of the pics (Clairissa I plan on stealing a few more from you later!) and the very simple party.


Clairissa and I with our "baby" shirts
Hers is from La Push (packing tape and card stock) and mine is from Edward (iron ons)
At the time, we hadn't planned on it and we certainly didn't know it was more foresight than we thought!


This is our group: Carrie, Sheralyn, Me, Melissa, Brittany, Sarah and Clairissa
We all made tshirts! Sad! *shaking head in disbelief*


Midnight when the balloons fell


Brittany and Sarah giving thumbs up after midnight!


Melissa actually preordered in April so she was like #53. So the whole party was for a purpose. Thanks for giving us an excuse to tell our husbands! haha

After the party, we decided we didn't want to wait for them to call our numbers (#323) to get our book, so we went to trusty old, all hours, Walmart and got it there. Silly, but so much fun yet again.

I read 1 chapter that night (morning) at 2am and then was awakened by my lovely children at 7:30 am and tried to get them settled in their room to catch a few more hours and instead could not sleep for excitement of the book. So, I read about 3 or 4 more chapters before a baby shower at 10am. Then, I went shopping with my husband and kids for Tax Free weekend at the over-crowded Mall of Georgia and then was home around 7pm...all the while reading bits and pieces and accumulating to the beginning of Book 2.


Brogan being a tyrant and loving it in the plane at the mall park


Braden playing with some new life long friends


Landon in my cowboy hat at the mall park

By the time my husband got the kids in bed, I had read through Book 2 and was totally freaking out. Not very happy about where things were going...to out of control, even for Stephanie Meyer. I was really beginning to question whether or not she was going to pull it through. By midnight, I could not handle it anymore. Things had gotten way out of hand I just couldn't go to sleep on the note I had so I read 100 more pages and went to sleep around 3am.

The next morning I was beyond exhausted and did not wake until almost 10, leaving very little time for reading, seeing as I had to get the family ready for church...(HEATHEN INSIGHT: I so was struggling with faking sick so I didn't have to go to church so I could finish the book - I DIDN'T, but ohhhhh how I wanted to.) After the 3 hour block, I came home, got the kids settled into cleaning their room and then sat down while my beloved husband made dinner, did the dishes, did his HT (sorry Carrie) and then played on Facebook while I read aloud from about 11pm til 1:20am. We were both so enthralled with the story that we just couldn't get the much needed sleep to start the week right...oh well, there's always tomorrow!

I have to apologize to my kids and my husband for this obsession...it's over (for the most part) and things can go back to normal. Thank you for being so patient and understanding while I took this time for myself! I love you! Really!

3 comments:

Clair said...

I finally posted pics of our night :)

http://weblog.xanga.com/kissacooper/668951896/breaking-dawn.html

Brittney said...

I just finished reading 200 pages tonight...still about 300 to go but I am getting there. I'm so shocked by all the twists and turns. I never would have imagined! :)

Patty Sampson said...

I share your obsession. I was there at Borders too! But our party was hardly as cool as yours, and we ended up heading out to eat instead of finishing the party. :) I can't wait till you have read book 4. You are going to LOVE it! I am half way through, and it is SO good!!